I am an assistant professor at Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium) since 2010. I am part of ICTEAM (Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Electronics and Applied Mathematics), CORE (Center for Operations Research and Econometrics) and naXys (Namur Center for Complex Systems). I teach at EPL (Ecole Polytechnique de Louvain).
Before that, I held positions at Université de Namur (Belgium) as an assistant professor and at University of Padua (Italy), Caltech (California), Imperial college London (UK) and Université catholique de Louvain(Belgium) as a postdoc. I graduated with a Master in Mathematical Engineering (2002) and a Doctorate in Applied Sciences (2005) from Université catholique de Louvain.
- Big Data and complex networks : communities, roles, centrality
- Markov chains: times scales, model reduction
- information theory and control
- distributed systems and control
- dynamical systems, decidability and Turing universality